July 16, 2011

New dress almost ready for the shop!

This is the last of the sweet floral fabric (cotton lawn) that I bought in the early part of the spring. I'm making a size 5 dress with it, and so far I'm really loving how it is turning out. I might use the button above for the closure. It is a tad on the bigger side, so I'm still thinking about it. The buttons are vintage, so I really want to make sure they will look good on the dress, before I decide to part with them.
I can't wait to show it to you. Most likely it will be done tomorrow, if I can carve out the time. I went to the fabric shop today to by some light blue silk ribbon for a detail on it. That is all I will say, you will just have to come back to see it.
Just wanted to pop in and say hi, since it has been about 10 days since my last post.

5 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to be able to comment on this darling dress. Our computers were not compatible again last week. I don't know a size 5 little girl but wish I did!! For what it's worth, I love that button beside the poppies (?). I am a sucker for vintage buttons and have quite a few even though I don't sew.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the fabric and the button. Somone is going to have a lovely dress!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The button is perfect. It looks like it was made for the fabric! But, it is hard to part with such a fantastic button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric is gorgeous...can't wait to see how it turns out. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful button--it does need just the right project.

    ReplyDelete