May 13, 2019

Ruby's First Birthday




























 


And just like that Ruby turns one! Caitlin put together such a beautiful little cherry picnic party for little miss Ruby. All the little details were so charming and it was such a pleasant day in the park. My contribution was Ruby's dress, which was so fun to make, and I was so happy she looked like an absolute little vintage doll baby in it. Because I took pictures with my phone and regular camera, these photos uploaded out of sequence, and blogger makes it so difficult and time consuming to get them all in the right order, or I'm just not that tech savvy enough to fix it haha. The cake pictures with Ruby of course are out of order, but she is such a doll in all of them that it doesn't really matter what order they are in. Ruby loved all the attention and her first taste of cake. Caitlin invited family and Ruby's little friend Ari and his parents. I think this is perfect for a first birthday. She loved ripping into her little gifts and loved all the unicorn gifts that Grandma and Grandpa Ahmadieh gave her.  We were all dead tired at the end of the day, and so was the birthday girl, but we all had such fun celebrating this little lady!
I don't have any pictures of Mother's Day this year, mainly due to being tired from the next day. We went to brunch at Dona Tomas then hung out at our house for a bit. Ruby wouldn't take a much needed nap, so we decided to get take out and head over to Caitlin and Cyrous's house for dinner, so Ruby could get her dinner on time and to bed. Mother's day spent with all the important people in your life is always the sweetest. It's always sad that Nicole is so far away, but I did get to Skype with her briefly before heading out to brunch.

Last post  I didn't talk about what projects I have been working on and what I want to start. I'm still slowly but surely getting pieces done to revamp my new look for my Etsy shop. It's not easy when you are working part time and having more fun sewing for Ruby haha. It's been very slow at work, so they drastically cut everyone's hours. I for one am happy to have the long stretch of time off so that I can get some things done around the house and start more sewing. Now that Ruby's birthday is out of the way, I can focus more on the shop. For fun, I'm working on MMMcrafts 12 days of Christmas ornaments. I'm a bit behind, as you should at the minimum make one a month until you get to Chistmas. I'm currently on number three. I will do a post on these soon, because they are so charming and fun to make. Click on the name and it will take you to her blog. I have also posted some of my finished ones on my Instagram feed. I think this will be my next post, so tune in for that. If you love embroidery and felt combined, you will love these little ornaments. All the info for these are on her blog. It's not too late to start on them!

I'm pretty pleased with myself that I actually did a blog post when I said I would! Woot,Woot! Until next time my friends (which will be very soon!)


4 comments:

  1. Such a very happy first birthday for sweet Ruby! I love the cherry picnic theme - perfect for a park birthday. Everything turned out so pretty and festive. You and Caitlin did a fantastic job! Her cake is adorable topped with cherries! Her dress is also adorable! I really think that Ruby favors you a lot. She is such a doll, and I know you are enjoying her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious, happy, granddaughter you have; I so enjoy seeing your photos of her and watching her grow. The birthday party was beautiful! I always admire the people who can put together an event so beautifully. I'm going to check out those 12 days of Christmas ornaments; it sounds like a fun project to do.

    ReplyDelete