February 19, 2008

San Francisco days,San Francisco nights




Did everyone have a fun president's weekend? We spent it mostly in the city. Saturday we met my oldest daughter and her husband,who live in the city, at the MOMA S.F. and checked out some newer photography exhibits. I really love the cozy atmosphere of that museum. We are members to all the museums in S.F. and try to make at least two or more trips per month to see what is new. I'm looking forward to several up and coming shows at the MOMA and at the De Young.
After the museum we went to North Beach and had some pizza, and the most amazing thing happened while we were there. We found a parking spot one block from the restaurant. For those of you who have tried to park in the North Beach area of San Francisco,you will understand my joy.
Sunday we geared up for going back into the city late at night to see the U23D concert movie at the IMAX theater. The only show time was 11:15p.m! It was a lot of fun. If you like U2, then you will have a blast. We didn't get home until 2:30 am., because of the Bay bridge having some detour issues. All in all a very fun weekend.
Hope everyone had some kind of fun with the family or just relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth-We love San Fran and the whole area north & south. Would love another trip out your way.
    Happy memories. Looks like you all had a great weekend.
    I have 3 daughters-Kitty is the youngest at 28. They others are 31 & 33. I have 3 granddaughters & one
    grandson. So I am a little further down the road agewise than you-LOL! I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops see my previous comment ! and I had not even read this post !
    don't tell you live in the Bay Area ? Went there 3 times and left a piece of my heart there ! I'm green !!!!

    ReplyDelete