This dress was a simple little design that took a while, only because of the fact that a. I stopped working on it right before our trip, and b. I had problems with the original design of the collar area. The pattern number is Simplicity #2725. It was one of the new "Project Runway" designs. The original design had a ruffle starting in the middle of the front collar, going straight down. I decided that it kind of looked too clownish, and so did Caitlin. ( You can see her boyfriend waiting patiently in the mirror )
Detail of one of the many pleated petals. The edges are deconstructed, so it should be interesting how it holds up when it gets washed.
The little red felt heart, will be tinkered with as the days go. I want to put a permanent brooch pin on the back. I bought these felt hearts in Paris, in the craft section of Le Bon Marche.
So, this it the little dress that was holding me up and making me go crazy! Now that it is done, I feel like a huge creative weight has been lifted. It felt like sewers block, and by no means was this dress difficult to make. I guess it is just one of those things!