February 22, 2011

Two anniversaries

Isn't this little heart cute? It was part of a treat at Chez Panisse, on our Valentine dinner. Because a post without pictures is boring, I thought I'd put a couple of shots of our evening in here, while I blog about the fact that it was a year ago today that I was getting my hip replaced. Seems like it just happened yet not. I'm doing very well with the hip, and have few problems or pain. Just the back every once in a while, but I can't complain otherwise. A year ago, I couldn't even imagine feeling better. My doctor told me that it takes a full two years to heal from this surgery, and I hope that this next year things feel even better. I sometimes feel the tightening of the scar tissue around it, and a slight movement of the ball and socket, but when all the ligaments fully tighten, I hope this is more minimal. If you would have talked to me about 6 months ago, I would have still been not happy , and wondering why I even did it! Now things are starting to feel much better, and makes me feel so much happier.
Next anniversary was for my blog. On February the 12th, my blog turned three! I love looking back at the very beginning when I wasn't sure where this blog was even taking me. When I started, I wanted to keep an on line scrapbook of sorts, of my life. Then I started meeting great people on here, and then in real life. The lovely Valerie who writes the gorgeous blog "un arc en ciel dans le lavabo," was so much fun to meet, a few summers ago. Other kindred spirits that I have been communicating with, have been so delightful to chat with on here, and I hope you know who you are ;) Now with the opening of my soon to be Etsy shop, my blog may take another turn in a whole new direction. I can't wait to see what happens.
Speaking of which, I have completed two items, and I'm very excited to cut out some more pieces very soon. It hasn't taken me that long to make these items mind you, just too busy of a February. Very soon I hope to have a mini collection to put in the shop. I can't wait to show you what I have been working on.
I don't think I will ever give up on this blog, even though there are days that I have nothing to share, because I still think at it's core, it will always be my scrapbook of memories.
How many times has your blog changed in concept, and how long have you been blogging? I would love to hear from those visiting my little space.

Raise your virtual glass of Champagne and wish me good luck with another year of blogging, and new things on the horizon.

CHEERS!!!

11 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary and virtual glass duly raised! I've been blogging just a little longer than you and I've been visiting here almost since the beginning (and I still miss the Caitlin Cooks on a Monday posts!). Here's to many more anniversaries for Gossamer Wings. (I'm now sipping from the virtual glass!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Three Years! Cheers:). And, glad to hear your hip is healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary and glad you are feeling good! i'm looking forward to seeing your next steps once you open your shop. i think it will be fabulous and we'll all be wishing we were small ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My glass is raised way up high for you, Elizabeth. I hope we don't have to wait too long to see the little outfits you have been working on - I am dying to see them. Congrats on the 3 years of blogging. That is a huge accomplishment. One more year and you will not only have 4 years of blogging under your belt, but also a fully healed hip and a little shop of your own that sells out on etsy. You can't see me, but I am bowing to you. Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you on both Anniversaries!!!!
    So glad your hip is doing well!!!!
    This summer will be two years and
    Dreaming's concept is pretty much the same--I do change the background and music off and on cause I find that funbut basically my blog is me all over it.

    Congrats again!!!!


    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. woo-hoo! happy anniversary! it's wonderful to read that your hip is feeling better. healing can be a rough road. and three years of blogging...awesome! i wonder if i'll be able to have the same anniversary? i hope so! i'm new...super new..to blogging. i started in december of last year. it hasn't changed much in concept, however it has in looks, and i'm getting ready to change it again! can't wait to see your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad to have you as a blog friend :0) Can't wait to see your creations!

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. "scrap book of memories" so well said. I do miss blogging, very much. So glad to hear your hip is heeling up and I look forward to seeing your creations!
    Cece

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's me hehe :) I have such a good memory of our little downtown SF date ! I will always be thankful for having met you face to face & hope this will happen again... maybe in France next time, who knows !

    Time sure flies !
    Happy 3rd Blog-Anniversary and cheers to many more posts :) I so enjoy reading you & seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps : and you know how much my blog has changed since we met... since I simply started another from scratch & in English ;)

    ReplyDelete