April 9, 2012

Snippets of Easter Sunday

 Phew, I just finished all the dishes from last nights Easter dinner! Now I get to sit back and get some other things done today, like sewing for the shop. We had such a beautiful Easter Sunday which started with going to Mass at noon, then some lunch out afterwards. We had invited friends over for dinner
 where I cooked the usual leg of lamb and seasonal veggies. I must say the lamb was out of this world tasty to me this year. We bought a local grass fed lamb from Whole Foods, and boy was it good. Often times I think the lamb that is sold in the markets from New Zealand has a much more gamy taste and smell. This lamb had none of that, and was so good.   Here are a few pictures from the table.
 I bought some new chargers. I was lusting over the ones at Pottery Barn, but ended up finding these at Cost Plus, they were priced way cheaper than the PB version. The rest of the decor I had already, and kept it simple.
 Always have to have some group shot right?!


The requested cheesecake.

Hope everyone had a great day. I feel refreshed and renewed!!

6 comments:

  1. Welsh lamb for us, an Easter tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those chargers! (Costco)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, that lamb sounds really good! Holidays must be so much fun at your house, esp. with you in the kitchen! I didn't do anything for Easter this year except sew and eat chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful day and delicious food!! Your home looks so cozy! :) And I love the sweet peas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi elizabeth! i just wanted to say thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog about my little girls first birthday. it made my day that a complete stranger would leave such a sweet comment! i want to do it more to other people now because it made me feel so good- so thank you again! (your easter shin-dig looked adorable!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easter was awesome this year! We had a yummy dinner and I did something fun. I made scalloped potatoes and au gratin potatoes so we could have a taste test at dinner. The scalloped won!!!

    Your cheesecake is BEAUTIFUL! What an awesome idea!

    xo

    ReplyDelete