January 16, 2013

Winter Projects

 Does anyone remember this puzzle I got last year around this time? I decided to pull it out, and work on it. It only has three hundred pieces, so it is on the small size, which means that it didn't take long at all to finish it up. When I first started, I did the usual steps, like rounding up all the edges, then separating all the like pieces. When I looked for the edges I was truly puzzled!  (ha ha) No straight edges! It took me a while to figure out that the edges in fact were ornate, and the only way to find them was to look for that little etched diamond on the piece. BUT, just to mess with you, there were two edges that did not have these diamonds, and instead, the only way to find them, was to look for very odd connecting shapes, not like any of the other pieces. Very clever puzzle makers, very clever indeed!

 There were many whimsical shapes, like the one above. This puzzle was very fun to put together, but my only critique is that you really can't see how pretty the actual picture is because of the prominent edges of the pieces.
 Here is the photo. It is small and you really can't enjoy the details on it either, unless you had a magnifying glass!
 If you click on the first photo, you can see all the fun shapes. Here is the link, if you are interested in this very unique puzzle.
 I also finished these little hats, and they will be in the shop tomorrow. These photos aren't the greatest, so I have to reshoot them tomorrow with better light. The one above is a 12mo up to 3T, and
This one is a size 4 up to a 6.  They are made with the same fabrics as the first one I made and blogged about. That one is size infant to 12m.  I think these would make adorable Valentine gifts.  They will be listed in the shop bright and early tomorrow. The ribbon on the bigger hat is more of a burgundy color, while the smaller one is more of a true red.

I'm deciding weather I should make one more winter thing or move on to spring/summer goodies. I think I really want to try and make a Valentine dress of sorts, we will see if I can get it done in time. I'll keep you posted.

Now I'm off to work on my embroidery project.

2 comments:

  1. I love doing puzzles! I've never seen one like that before...how challenging. I think I would get easily distracted looking at all the fun shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an unusual puzzle. I used to love jigsaws when I was younger. Haven't done one for years.

    ReplyDelete