August 3, 2013

New In The Shop






I just finished these two pieces on Wednesday and now they are available in the shop, sold separately.  I'm starting the capes on Monday so these will be the last of summer. This season was so hectic for our family, that I didn't get all the pieces made that I wanted to for the shop for spring/summer, but that's life, and now I'm looking forward to doing some fall/winter pieces. This past week also, I had a mini serge in selling four of my pieces, and one being the beautiful linen special occasion dress. I would love to make that one again, but it was very time consuming with all its little details. I'm happy that if finally found its way to a lucky little girl. The other pieces were the darling Liberty of London top and bloomers of the same fabric. Those were so sweet and special. I always feel very bittersweet sending them off, because I put a lot of my heart and soul in them. Anyway selling four pieces makes me very motivated to get more pieces completed as soon as possible.

I know on the calendar it says it is summer, but yesterday morning the lighting in the house sure felt like fall. August can be a fickle month here, with dips in the weather, then we will have waves of heat. Over all though, the golden light of fall is just around the corner and you can start to see the very subtle changes taking place.
Last night we had a very nice dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, with the Caitlin, Cyrous, and Cyrous' parents. Such a beautiful mild evening with out door seating and live music . Casual, easy going and so summer!
I keep forgetting to say that I finally figured out how to add the reply option on the comment section. So if you leave a comment I will answer you in the comments, so please check back. I love getting to know new bloggers through comments, and I make every effort to answer all of them. Very do-able since I don't have hundreds of comments...hahahha.

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments: