August 17, 2013

Cape Madness

 Hi there! Last night I was looking at the date of my last post, and realized that it has been  two weeks since I last posted. I don't like leaving this long, but I have been working like mad on these capes for the shop. I have finished four of them, and will be cutting out two or three more today!
 These guys will be sewn up today and completed. I bought this darling little stuffed cat at this adorable shop in San Francisco called "Tantrum" Such a cute little shop! I'm always on the look out for cute toys that are vintage or new, as props when I photograph the clothing, and it is also a great excuse to just buy toys!  I think this little cat needs a new dress.

As I look out of my studio, I notice everyday the changes going on outside, like my beacon of the seasons Japanese maple tree. The top leaves are already starting to turn golden. Love the shifting and changing of the seasons.

Aside from the cape madness, I have some other fun ideas I would like to sew up for the shop, that I really want to start on. Hopefully I will be able to execute all my ideas this season.
 I will not be away this long again, because I don't like it, and I'm already sad that a lot of my favorite blogs are starting to fall silent. I kind of want to be one of those die hards that refuse to leave, and see how long I can keep up this blog. Seems like some bloggers are on to the next thing, like "Instagram." While I love that format too, It doesn't always tell the whole story, and I love to tell a story, hahaha. So, for those of you that are still reading, I promise I will do a better job of showing up on here :)


5 comments:

  1. Something odd is going on around blogland. When you said you hadn't posted in two weeks, I though "no, it's much longer". Well, I see I've missed at least three of your last posts because they didn't show up in my blog roll. I have no idea why. I wonder what other blogs I'm missing and who is missing mine?? I love those capes--especially the darling lining. I wish I knew a baby girl!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie, is it in the Blogger feeder that it is not showing up or is it not linking up in facebook? Blogger is so odd sometimes I think!

      Delete
  2. Those capes are really adorable!! I know I don't post as often as I would like - life and family keep me busy. It seems like everyone wants to Instagram and text only these days. I have to say that I am not a fan. I enjoy your blog! Keep posting and I will definitely keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia :) I love the blog format, so if anything I will keep going just for my own memories of family and things I have done. I love to have people along for the ride! Thanks for reading my blog :)

      Delete