September 25, 2013

Enjoying Autumn









It rained on Saturday, the day before the first day of autumn, which was a wonderful surprise, but also a pain because we were heading into the city. Being the first rain of the season, you know what that means. Lots and lots of accidents and snarled up traffic. We met up with Caitlin to go to the Vintage Expo for some treasure hunting, and later some dinner with the whole gang. The whole gang meaning Cyrous' and his parents. We chose a random restaurant that was close by their apartment, and it turned out to be a pretty fun spot.  The treasures I found at the Vintage Expo were not many this year, since the two vendors that I had hoped would be there were not! I did score some buttons and the little rosette trim, that I'm told was from 1910. Since we had a bit of time to kill before we had to meet for dinner, we went to Bellochio, the most magical, treasure packed store in San Francisco! I ended up getting a couple ribbons from them and a new bone folder. If you are ever in SF, don't miss this place it is wonderful.

Since the October issue of "Parent's" is finally out in the newsstands, I have gotten a lot of views on Etsy and one sale so far, the little package above left Monday. One is pending, from a customer in Australia at the moment. I finally got myself a scale and a chart from the post office, so I can more accurately price the shipping. I thought I had it down, but it seemed like every time I went to the post office, the price was more or way less.

I made the most yummy pork pozole soup out of the new October issue of "Cooking Light." very low cal and full of flavor. Now that cozy weather is here, soups and stews can be made again!

I have not done any sewing this week unfortunately, because of dealing with house issues! Waiting for handy men to show up etc. Seems like I can't get my sewing mojo going once something like this happens. Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to whip up the little pants I cut out the other day.

Having dinner with the lovely couple that we went to Sonoma and Napa a couple of weeks ago tonight. They are heading back to Germany tomorrow I believe, so it will be nice to see them one last time and wish them safe travels, and I don't have to cook dinner!


5 comments:

  1. Your little package to go is adorable...lucky recipients! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne! I love wrapping the items up and coordinating colors of ribbons to the garment purchased :)

      Delete
  2. Your living room looks so nice and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia :) It's my favorite room in the house.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great day!
    Could you post the recipe?
    It sounds yuumy.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete