March 5, 2014

I Tried!








Hey there, I know it has been a while, but of course life has gotten in the way of blogging and sewing these days. I did however finish this little linen romper. Now I had full intentions of making this a little boys garment, but as I started to construct it, I just couldn't see it!  I tried to add the wooden buttons that I thought would make it more little boy, but I just didn't like it, and then it just turned out that these shell buttons looked so nice against this linen, and the little trim that are tiny little flowers, were the perfect match. I'm hopeless.....I just can't get into the groove of boys clothing. I think I will only take special orders for boys clothing, like simple linen pants etc. I'm just not inspired, sorry to moms with boys.
The last picture is so funny to me and sad also, because it shows how much time has passed as well, and makes me yearn for the days when these little shoes fit Caitlin. The little black Sam & Libby shoes were Caitlin's when she was not even a year old, so I think I bought them in 1990 or so! Target just relaunched this iconic shoe, and yesterday Caitlin asked me to pick her up a red pair. I was really pleasantly surprised how nice quality they actually were. I tried some on in my size, and they had a very nice fit. The uppers are leather and the inside is quite cushioned for a Target shoe. Anyway, thought I'd share this comparison and if anyone didn't know they were in Target, check them out, because they are pretty cute.

I'm starting a baby Liberty of London dress tomorrow that I think will be really sweet for Easter and after that more girl clothes Hahahah!

3 comments:

  1. I remember wearing those shoes when I was kid. I think I had a pair in every color! I look forward to seeing your Liberty of London dress. Do make girls clothes in size 4/5?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just love our girl stuff...the shoes are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this romper and the tiny shoes. I don't like making boy clothes either. I have sewn my son pj's, a tie, toys, a quilt and done some designs on tees but could not get into much else.

    ReplyDelete