October 15, 2014

Catching Up







Phew! It's been a while, and all I have to say is that I've been working on special orders. September and October are busy for my little shop. I just finished the hat above for a special order, and I will be making more with this fabric, as it is ever so soft and perfect for a baby gift.  In between sewing away, I celebrated my birthday on the 4th, with a nice day with the family and my yearly birthday dinner at Chez Panisse. Lovely as ever, although I must say I was a bit disappointed that they forgot to give me a birthday candle and birthday wishes as they do every year. I think it is the first misstep from them that I have ever had. The rest of the dinner was wonderful though. Caitlin and Cyrous joined us as well. They were very good to me this year and gifted me the "Boos" Butcher block! I've been wanting this for a while :)  We spent the afternoon roaming around Berkeley and took in the sights and smells of fall. A very nice day.
I finally put out my Halloween goodies, so it feels extra cozy in the house now. Oh, and did I mention that it finally rained and there is now a shift in the weather?! So happy to see grey skies finally! It has been eternally summer here.
A couple of days ago I got a stomach virus, that I feel like I'm still recovering from. Yuck! I would rather have a cold than this! Seems like it came out of nowhere, and thank goodness no one else got it from me, knock on wood. Reminds me also that it is time for the flu shot and to gear up for that aspect of the season.
I had planned on writing more about recipes and food also, but combined with the weather being eternally hot and me getting sick, that has been put on hold a bit. I'll be back with that soon, but I need to recover from the unsettled tummy hahaha.
Right now I can't even believe that it is the 15th and my beloved month of October is half over! The reminder of it almost being over, are the November magazines making it through the mail slot already, with Thanksgiving covers, and going to Target today, you can see Christmas inching in on the side of the Halloween decorations. I just want it all to slow down!!!!
Well, I'm off to clean my tornado of a mess in my studio and start on some more capes!
I'll try and come back sooner than later.......

8 comments:

  1. That furry little hat is so sweet - it looks absolutely perfect! October is definitely my favorite month too. Now you just have to get yourself feeling better so you can enjoy it! Take care of yourself. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I'm finally feeling better, and back a that the sewing machine.

      Delete
  2. Oh my GOSH that hat, Elizabeth! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekka! It was so soft, that I wanted to curl up with it and take a nap hahah.

      Delete
  3. Love the hat in white ! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little hat is precious! Your home is looking nice and cozy for fall. I just love this time of year, and I wish time would slow down! Sorry to hear about your stomach virus, but glad you are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From now till Christmas was always my fav time in W.C. and I do miss it.I wish the kids could be there for the trick or treating around the shops this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a magical time here I must say! Last year I was in London for Halloween, and was just not the same :(

      Delete