February 9, 2016

It's Valentine Week!








Hey it's Valentine week! I love Valentines day I must say. I've blogged about it before, but it's been a while. I know a lot of people think of it as a Hallmark holiday and feel like you have to force a feeling or sentiment on the day. I don't see it that way. When the girls were small, we made it more of a family celebration with little love token gifts and a fun dinner with a Valentine themed dessert.  Now David and I do fun classic things like dinner, flowers and candy. It's just a sweet day and a little wink and nod to do something sweet for your sweetie.  I always thought it would be the coolest birthday to have don't you think?  The weekend before last, Caitlin and I went out to Port Costa, where Wendy Addison has a shop. She sells beautiful paper ephemera, and we thought we would go out there to see her Valentine goodies. I picked up the little paper decoration in the top two photos and the glitter heart on the mantle,  and also a little box. Super cool and fun to go into that store! Check out her site.

I went out exploring in my own back yard the other day to see if there were any bulbs blooming that previous people may have planted. So far I found two daffodils, and best of all, I saw all the new shoots for the peony bushes coming back!! I saw the remnants of them when we moved in, and they were pale pink! I'm really excited about those.  I noticed all the little buds on the fruit trees also, and I cannot wait for all the blooms for the plum, peach and apple trees. I planted some grape hyacinth but I have a feeling they may not take. I planted them all under the lemon tree, but I think an animal found some.  If they come up, I'll post my victory hahaha.

I've been working on a really cute piece that I'm excited about, and if you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen it. I'm moving a bit slow on it, but it's only because it's an evolving project, and I'm trying out some ideas that may or may not work. Stay tuned. I finished tracing my epic embroidery project that I posted on IG. I haven't decided if I want to put it on a table cloth or something else. I can't quite find a table cloth that I want to embroider on yet. It's also a bit cumbersome to embroider on a huge piece of cloth! So I'm thinking It might make a nice summer pillow, since the colors are so bright. I'll share this project soon as well.  Today I received some really sweet floral fabrics that I ordered for little dresses. I'm always on the hunt for small tasteful little florals, besides Liberty.

The out door pictures above are of Port Costa. Such a strange, wonderful. magical place. It is so tiny, that it only has one real restaurant, and it's a great one, Wendy's shop,  a large Victorian hotel, that some have said is haunted! It's hard to explain that place unless you have been, so go!


No comments:

Post a Comment