April 1, 2016

The Camellia Dress








I call this dress "Camellia," because that is what came to mind when I was sewing it. I plucked a beautiful camellia from the yard to photograph the dress with, and it just looks so beautiful with it don't you think?  I'm doing a post just on this dress since I put a lot of work into it, and I really want to remember all the details of it once it is no longer in my possession. There are some garments that I make that I really hate to let go, and secretly don't mind if it takes time to sell. It came out like I had envisioned it, and I want to gaze upon it for a while. I think it would be perfect for a flower girl in a cute vintage wedding, or as very special 3 year old birthday dress.
The materials used were: light weight linen, cotton lawn, and mother of pearl buttons. The straps are petersham ribbons.
If you, or someone you might know, is  interested in this little gem, go to my Etsy shop where it is now listed! Link to shop is on the side bar if you are new to my blog.
I'm now going to do my darnedest to fill my shop up with some fun spring summer items, that aren't as serious as this little beauty, because I think I need a break from couture sewing for a bit!



2 comments:

  1. You may want to rename the dress because the flower is actually a "Camillia". Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we BOTH misspelled it! It's Camellia. Thanks for catching my error.

      Delete