May 18, 2016

Cooking and Sewing Adventures

















Hello! Just a quick post today to show you some cooking and sewing adventures from this past week. It's cherry season!! I love fresh cherries, and nothing that is "cherry flavored," if that makes sense. I whipped up a cherry clafoutis last week with some that I picked up at the market last week. Such a simple dessert and not at all overly sweet. You can make this many ways, as far as adding special flavor enhancers, such as  cherry liquor, or like this recipe that called for orange flower water. I didn't have any, so I put in a tablespoon of Cointreau.  I have one more recipe that I want to make with cherries, and I'll do a post on it because it is somewhat of an experiment, so stay tuned for that.
The other dish, that got uploaded in the wrong sequence, is a really yummy dish from the "Jerusalem" cookbook. It has a million spices and herbs in it. Well, not a million......but a lot! It has a spice called "baharat." The book gives instructions on making your own if you can't find it. I know I could find it locally, but didn't have time, so I made up a batch using the recipe in the book. The fava beans were brought over by Cyrous' dad from his garden. If you own this cookbook, make this recipe! The only mistake I made was not to prep all the herbs before I embarked on making this on a Monday at 6:00pm. I thought it was a simple meatball recipe, but there were more steps than I thought, and it lead me to be a bit scattered in the kitchen. Anyway......make this it's really good!

After working hard on the last pieced  in my last post, I decided to whip up something easy, classic and summery for the shop. Here is the result! It's a sweet little romper made out of Liberty of London art fabric, and the sweetest flower snapped buttons. The print is so darn cute, and came in many color ways but by the time I went to buy some, this primary color way was the only one I could get my hands on, and the name of it is "Theo." The romper is a size 3/6 mo. and it is listed in the shop. The link is on the side bar.  Great for summer, as the fabric is whisper thin. I'm going to make some bloomers and tops next, with fun summer colors.

These past couple of days we have had a blast of heat and now we are due for a whiplash of cooler temps with possible rain on Saturday! Gotta love these transition months. As I type this I have the AC on and just checked the thermometer out back and it reads 100!  I'll spare you the  rant on how I'm not looking forward to my least favorite season. Only thing about this summer is that at least we have a fun back yard to enjoy and we aren't 1. moving and 2. consumed in planning a wedding! Which might make it a bit more enjoyable.  I also really need to have some staple summer dinner recipes, so it won't be such a dreaded task when it is hot. 

On a different topic, I'm going to clean up my list of blogs to read that I have on the right side bar, since blog town is becoming more and more of a ghost town I suppose they just shouldn't be up on my list anymore. Seems like everyone has moved on except a few die hards and ones that make serious money from them. So, just in case you use my blog to hop to another from here, you might want to bookmark your favorite ones. Not sure how many people do this, but I thought I'd let you know. 

Be back soon!

5 comments:

  1. Wish I had a little one to purchase that dress for!! I guess I'm one of those "die hards" that keep blogging. Fewer people comment though. I follow their lead as far as comments but do continue to read a favorite few.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Instagram killed blogs hahah. People have a short attention span I think. I keep mine as a record form myself and my family. It's fun to look back. Also having my oldest live in London, she can see what I'm up to :) I'm going to try and start blogging more. Another blog friend motivated me when I read something she wrote about the dying blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual awesome food. Just writing you to wish you a happy birthday! I will write later using Facebook.
    Love,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual awesome food. Just writing you to wish you a happy birthday! I will write later using Facebook.
    Love,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, I didn't see this until I looked at my stat counter and saw someone from Panama! Would love to catch up!

      Delete