December 1, 2017

Good Bye Amber Month of November




















A fond farewell to the lovely month of November in all it's gorgeous colors. October and November are always so fleeting in its beauty. How was your Thanksgiving? We had a very nice one per usual. I decided to not photo dinner food, as it's the same as usual hahah. I was so rushed towards the end of getting dinner put on the table, that I took no pictures of family! This makes me sad, as I wanted to take a cute photo of Caitlin's little baby bump and the happy couple together. I did manage however to snap a picture of Nicole and Ehsan on a Skype call. Nicole made a mini Thanksgiving feast across the pond. It always reminds me of our two Thanksgivings we spent in Paris. It's an odd feeling being an expat and trying to execute a Thanksgiving dinner. You rush around getting all the ingredients, and that is not easy to being with, and then you wonder why everyone is so calm and not rushing around with you. Duh, it's not their holiday haha. Since we moved back from France, I've heard that it is now easier to get some of the American favorites to make the feast, so that's nice. At least there is Whole Foods in London, so you can easily get the goodies, which is what Nicole did.
Our only hick up of the day was our fridge started to slowly die(luckly in the evening of Thanksgiving). It started with dim lights inside, then a funny sound. By Sunday morning it was dead! We were without a fridge for 4 days! You really don't realize how dependent you are on this major appliance. It was such a great day when the repairman came and solved the problem.
Over the Thanksgiving week I received a special order, that is pictured above, and an order for a cape. The cape order has me utterly frustrated at the moment. My listing is about as clear as I can make it, yet the customer did not choose the lining fabric. I have sent three convo's on Etsy, and two emails to alert them. It's been six days now and I have not heard back. I feel anxious about this. I guess I shouldn't, since I have done everything I can to notify them, but I want to make it and clear my orders. I'm very near sending a snail mail card to them!
While I wait for this person to contact me, I will spend the day sewing up a little jacket that I cut out ages ago and haven't had a chance to start. I gave up hope in actually doing a little capsule collection for fall/winter. I'm slowly working through the stack of fabric thought, that I wanted to use for fall winter. It will just come out slowly instead of in a big chunk.

It's been a pretty low key month, so I don't really have that much to blog about. Since my last post, work has turned around. When I wrote my last post, I was pretty annoyed and a bit upset with some changes taking place. Like I said in my last post, none of the changes really affected me, but seemed unfair to others. Now that the dust has settled a bit, things have fallen back into a nice rhythm. We have several new ladies that have joined the pack  and it's been fun getting to know them. It still never gets old to see the brides choose their dresses, and to see family members get emotional. Last week we had the cutest dad literally break down and sob. Kleenex was busted out and we were all sniffling right along side him.
On that note, I think I'll dive into my next project. I will try my hardest to post more, I know I say this over and over again, but I'll still be trying my hardest to bet back on here. I feel as though I've let my blog slip. I just realized that I have been writing this blog going on 10 years this coming February! While some have quit, at least I'm here, even though it's sporadically.
Hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving and here's to a fun and stress free Christmas season!


1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a photo of Caitlin and her bump....I'm so excited for you! P.S. I'm really happy you haven't let your blog die.

    ReplyDelete