April 14, 2008

Caitlin's senior project

Beautiful dress Grace Kelly wore in "Rear Window"
Closest pattern we could find to duplicate the look

I think we had it made back in the day when we were seniors in high school. Did any of us have to do a senior project that was presented in front of a class of your peers? I sure didn't!! Caitlin's theme is costuming in 1950's film. She chose to try and duplicate the dress pictured above. Since this is her very first sewing project EVER, it should be interesting. I will of course have to guide her through it and teach her as much as I can. We have only gotten as far as buying the pattern,and need to get to the fabric store a.s.a.p! I think it will be beautiful when it is done though and fun to see her wear it. She loves vintage clothing and has worn similar things to school before,so the students won't be that shocked when she comes in wearing it for her presentation. I will have to put my silk blouse on hold for the moment until this little gem is finished. At this time I am still working on the lemon table runner anyway. Since summer is just around the corner I will have plenty of time to work on my things.
Wish us luck!! I'll try and post some photos in progress too.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun project! I love the pattern too. Good luck on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so elegant !

    SierraMoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is so pretty. I can't wait to see the dress...she will look like a movie star! Blessings, Victoria Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my blog. i am enjoying yours as well. i can't wait to see how this dress comes out! i am sure your daughter will do a wonderful job. from what i have read, she is extremely talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, you just won't quit, will you? Your daughter is a brave soul-I can't wait to see it. She will look like a princess in it. Ooops, it was a dress for a princess, right? You're a good mom. Keep us up to date-Nerm

    ReplyDelete