June 23, 2009

Versailles/ part 8

Welcome to the Petit Trianon and the Grand Trianon. While living in France for two years, we were lucky to visit Versailles many times. Our house was about a ten minute drive. I have been to the main chateau at least four times, so this trip we decided to only visit the Petit and Grand Tianon. The Petit Trianon was Marie Antoinette's favorite hang out away from the main chateau,and I can see why. I really enjoyed the quaintness of the Petit Trianon versus the Grand Trianon. It has a warmer feel to it. These pictures were taken with my husbands camera,and so the quality is a bit different. The old Nikon was left on by accident and I had no juice for it when we arrived here.




Entrance to the Grand Trianon.
I thought the rooms were a bit cold feeling in comparison.



This picture should be up with the Petit Trianon,as it is in the garden in the back.
This is the Queen's Hamlet. Marie Antoinette wanted a place to amuse herself and her children, so she had this little farm built in the Norman style from 1783 to 1785. I was so sad I didn't have my camera for this part too! It was such a beautiful day and it had finally stopped raining , so we lucked out. Some of it looked familiar from the newer movie, "Marie Antoinette." They shot that film the summer we moved. The buildings and the gardens were simply beautiful!
We had hoped to get into the main chateau, just to see a special costume exhibition, but we ran out of time :(
Tomorrow I will post the last fun day we had in Paris,and some of the things we bought. I hope I haven't bored you all! Kind of like being held hostage at a friends house watching a slide show of a very long trip! I do hope it was enjoyable for some of you. See you all tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Bore us?????? You've got to be kidding. As far as I'm concerned you aren't posting enough pix!!!!!!

    Keep 'em comin'!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn, I was worried on a couple of posts that I put too many pictures. The ones of the Trianons didn't come out as pretty, since I didn't have my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the Queen's Hamlet. I've got to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho! so much beauty!!!!!!
    I love the harp so much!
    and the house!
    Thanks for sharing with us! its like taking a trip to france!
    marvelous pics!
    waiting to see more and more!
    Ayelet

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, so beautiful...haven't been yet for some reason. your photos make it so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a bunch of beautiful photos !
    you have quite an eye !

    ReplyDelete