August 21, 2009

Onto another project

This is my next project. Caitlin has been wanting me to make this pattern for quite some time now, and I kept waiting to find the right fabric. Well, the right fabric happened to be in my closet! There was exactly enough to make this,and I even had some plain white cotton fabric for the lining. This will be such a breeze to make, after the last thing I made for Caitlin. I really
like this fabric, because it has such a nice drape to it. I think it must be blended with a rayon or something, because it isn't a stiff eyelet. As you can see from above, it has a nice scallop edge,that I really think is going to look pretty darn cute at the bottom of the pant legs.
So......I'm off to start on it, and see if I can get it done so that she can wear it to school on Monday maybe....We shall see. (remember, you can click on the photo to see the fabric up close)

Hope everyone has a great weekend...Is it really the weekend already??!

6 comments:

  1. My you are a busy one!
    The fabric is really pretty,
    especially the scalloped edge.
    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this finished. Caitlin will look stunning in this. So very Katherine Hepburn in Connecticut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so much fun to see your projects from beginning to completion.

    I know this one is going to be adorable ~ love the fabric you've chosen ~ and in your fabric stash no less! Can't wait to see it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your talent and determination!
    Bancroft is about an hour and half from here...funny thing is we'll be heading there in a few weeks to pick up our new puppy!...
    I leave this Wed. for Germany...excited and nervous to travel alone, but it will be worth it to spend time with my friend and her family. Wish me luck!
    Caitlin will look like a doll in that new outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's going to be beautiful ! how fortunate she is that you can sew what she likes !!! (but i'm sure she knows that !)
    this makes me crave even more for some sewing ! but my sewing machine has been out of order for almost 3 months... i'm getting a new one in September yeahhh !
    anyway, can't wait to see caitlin modelling it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you end up with! I bet it will be great!!

    ReplyDelete