December 5, 2009

Early Christmas present for me

Some time back in the late summer, I saw a post by a fellow blogger, lamenting that she really wanted these, but they were no where to be found in the U.S. I thought to myself, surely in this day and age, there is a way to find these and get them somehow. I started the search, by going to the actual website of Calou. Yes it was true that they did not ship to the U.S. , and so I decided to send them an e-mail to see if they had sold them to some retail shop in the U.S. They promptly answered me with an e-mail address to a Swedish antique shop in Chicago area.
called "Midnight Sun Antiques." A quick e-mail to them, resulted in an very enthusiastic response from Annika. She wrote me back and said that they were getting some in, and I could put my name on the list. I ended up ordering a pair for Caitlin also. Although, we can't wear them on the same day and be twins!
They are super comfy and I really love them.
I really wish that Sweden would make more of their super cool things available here in the States, besides Volvos :) ( which by the way I'm a fan and a driver of one)

Next post will be of Christmas decor......I have bits of things up, but not everything, so I'll give you a peek soon.

Happy Weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. They are adorable Elizabeth! Good sleuthing. I hope you and Caitlin have lots of good times wearing your darling shoes.

    A happy, early Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo those ARE cute!
    They do look very comfy.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cut shoes! i would so wear those. amazingly, i do believe i feel a bog post coming on...been too long...stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are sooooo cute! They kind of remind me of my Danish Dansko clogs, but dressy! Glad you found a place here in the states to get them!

    Smiles, Nancy

    ReplyDelete