October 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my 48th birthday. Yes, I told you my age, it really doesn't bug me, so I don't mind. I'm just glad I'm here on this planet to celebrate another year :) Besides,I feel at least ten years younger in my head! Every year, except for Sunday, because they are closed, we go to Chez Panisse for my birthday. They just revamped their web site, so go take a look!
I took the point and shoot, and I should have taken the Nikon, but it is just so large that I didn't want to feel like I was intruding on others. The picture quality isn't great, mostly because this restaurant is very, very dimly lit. Makes for very romantic dinners, but hard to photograph, so there are no pictures of the food this time. However, I did get this picture.........
They always have such beautiful displays of food and flowers here.
The whole gang! I love Pierre's pose.
My cutie pies.
Cyrous was the newest member to come to my annual birthday dinner.
Nicole and Pierre
Finishing dinner here with some tisane. Don't know what I was talking about in this picture.

Some shots I took of the entry to the restaurant, while we were waiting for the car......

This picture sums it up....warm and cozy :)
I had a very good birthday, starting with David coming home early so we could have lunch; that was fun. Then I opened some of my birthday loot. I got some pretty cool stuff, don't know if you want to see it or not. Maybe tomorrow.
Until then I'm off to dream about my next dinner there!

14 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Elizabeth!

    Sorry I missed sending you these wishes on your very special day... but you know what? I believe in celebrating birthdays ALL week long... so I hope it's not too late. :0)

    It looks like you had a wonderful celebration with your lovely family. A perfect birthday if you ask me. Yes!

    Wishing you many, many, many more such happy occasions.

    *clink* Cheers to YOU, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only wish I will look as good as you do when I turn your age! Happy Birthday Elizabeth, what a beautiful celebration shared with your loved ones :)
    xxx

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already wished you a happy birthday but I'm back to say it again. Yes, I want to see your presents!!

    Looks like a fun time. I, too, found Chez Panisse to be cozily delicious!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday, dear Elizabeth. Glad you were able to celebrate with a family we've come to know and adore. You are blessed, dear girl!

    Love,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, it looks like it was a wonderful celebration. Yes please, share pictures of all your birthday treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you had a lovely, cozy birthday...and yes, of course I want to see what you received! Best wishes for the year ahead...xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday dearie! yes, please share your loot with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. A special dinner with the ones you love, that is the best way to spend a birthday! Happy birthday, My Friend!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated birthday greetings. Family celebrations are just the best, aren't they? Of course we want to see your presents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday, elizabeth. yes, i remember your previous posts about chez panisse and they always look wonderful. i think your pics look great and i love the first one. you all look terrific and the bow ring your daughter has on is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday!!!!!!!!! That looks so wonderful and fun. I hope you had the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. argh... I feel awful (i got back online on wednesday evening only) !! so sorry i have not anticipated the day (& in my memory it was later in the month)
    **** JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE**** from the bottom of my heart, dear Elizabeth !
    Thank you for sharing your day with us, you are a bunch of truly BEAUTIFUL people (I know it is inside out !) & i'm glad you had such a great time together there's nothing better !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, Elizabeth. Apologies for being late to the party but it looks like everyone was in a festive mood, and yes, very cozy!

    Cheers,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday!!! That restaurant looks so great, I can just feel the ambiance through the photos! I kind of like that they are a little grainy...it works. Glad you had a fun celebration!! October birthdays are the BEST :)

    ReplyDelete