March 31, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

For a minute last weekend, I thought we were going to have to build an ark soon with all the rain that was going on in our neck of the woods! I love rainy cozy days, but when the bottom of your house starts to take on water, then enough is enough! Thank goodness we have warmed up this week, and we are seeing little bits of life........
in and around the house. Love all the little blooms on the plants, and
little green leaves starting to emerge from the winter hibernation.
Here is a little blossom that I have been working on. I'm just showing you a few detail shots, because I need to still put buttons on, elastic in the sleeves, and hem the bottom of
this little spring dress. I'm loving how it turned out, and I can't wait to show you the finished product. The collar is a cotton Swiss organdy, which I'm obsessed with at the moment. I love how you can see the sweet little print of the dress through the collar.
Well, I'm off to finish up, and start on another little treasure. Happy Spring all!!!

11 comments:

  1. what pretty fabric...so sweet. i am green with envy...those little sprouts and blossoms! i can see the tips of tulips...they're coming.....snow is still everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy spring, love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished a big project and it feels great so I know that you will feel really good when you have your big reveal, but ... yes but - I have a baby shower coming up in May. Any chance you might be ready by then? Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been around--checking out Caitlin's lovely and delicious birthday celebration and now the sweet little dress. However, I'm still lolling around, not hungry, no ambition, etc. Maybe if spring would make an appearance, I'd feel better.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of cotton swiss organdy but I think you are making me obsessed too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the rain has stopped and that the sun is out.
    Love the little dress--want to see it ALL!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring! Such a riot of absolute beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you can now smile with splashes of Spring around you & won't have to swim !!
    I love love the little dress ! It is so frustrated with me with no babies/toddlers that you may not do bigger sizes !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little dress is adorable, Elizabeth. I love the way you put fabric and design together...what great style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Finally Spring. :D

    I LOVE the dress Elizabeth ~ darling print, and the Swiss Organdy is a perfect paring. Can't wait to see the finished work! xo

    ReplyDelete