May 2, 2012

Sneak peek

Here is a little peek and what I have been working on. You will just have to wait and see how I incorporate this into two final pieces.

I have been doing some spring cleaning around the house these past couple of days, and I'm trying to just focus on one section at a time. Isn't it odd how you can walk by something several times and not really notice that something needs to be deep cleaned? It seems like when the first spring light starts resting its rays on certain areas in the home, you can start to see what you have been neglecting most of the winter months. I really went to town on our main bathroom and sorted some shelves. I now need to go through all the expired items, or things just taking up space. I did a little bit in the kitchen, but I'm heading in there tomorrow to do more intense deep cleaning. Lots to be done my friends!

In between the cleanings, I sit and rest with this little bit of embroidery for my two projects. Hopefully they will be completed pronto, and be in the shop.

What are your spring cleaning tips??


2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your stitching projects - they look like they are going to end up in something adorable.
    My best spring cleaning tip is to decide you are going to sell the house and move to a new one. I am not kidding, it becomes obvious that you have too much stuff and you really start "cleaning house". There are times, in the studio, when I am wrestless that I think the best solution would be to pack it all up and put it into storage, leaving out ONLY one type of medium to work with. I actually threaten to do this quite often ... maybe I should get on it and follow through. Now you have left me with a head full of thoughts.
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's cute !

    I have started some sashiko a blog friend sent me from Japan...

    Well I don't have any cleaning tips... I wish I had !! I just know I enjoy having windows opened more often, and about the other type of cleaning... well I'm in a time of my life where I have stopped wanting more. But I'm too sentimental to get rid of souvenirs & gifts.
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete