May 7, 2012

Weekend Part 2



My Niece/god daughter got married this past April, and the above video is a highlight of the ceremony. They eloped to Puerto Rico, and it was just the two of them. While I would have loved to go their wedding, I understand the reason why some couples elope and avoid all the stress of planning a wedding. This past Saturday, the newlyweds came to California for a party her mom put together for them.

The baby pictures are of my niece when she was a week old, back in 1983. I remember being so excited to see my first niece, and drove down to the Bay Area, from way up north, where my husband and I were going to college( 6 hour drive).  When I first saw the video clip that she sent to me, these images were in my head. Tears flowed, as I watched such a beautiful bride taking her vows and seeing a now confident young woman starting her married life.  Seriously though, wasn't she such a beautiful baby? I took these photos of her, and I have one of me holding her, but for some reason I have misplaced it. I really wanted to share it with you.
My  niece and her husband made these adorable favors for everyone, as a token of their wedding and a little bit of a souvenir of Puerto Rico. Coffee is inside the packet, and I can't wait to try it.

It was real fun to reconnect with my sister-inlaw's family, and it was as if we all just saw each other yesterday.  It was such a pleasant way to spend the weekend!


On a side note: I got to thinking, after I sifted through all my old photos, that I would like to do one post a week, and feature a "down memory lane photo" and tell a story about the old photo or photos. What do yo think? I love looking at other people's family pictures even if I don't know them, but I wanted to see what people thought before I embark on it.

Hope you get a chance to see her video, it is so pretty!



8 comments:

  1. I love weddings and babies! Nice post Elizabeth! :) You'll have to let me know where your Dad bought his place. Also, since you were asking, I think the old photo posts would be great. I have sometimes thought of doing the same and you will give me inspiration! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! And coffee! The perfect wedding favor! :) One of my dear friends just got engaged this week, and I can't wait to go to her wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When he said that part about finding the person whom God wanted him to spend the rest of his life with, I, too, puddled up with tears. Wether you elope or have a full on wedding, love is a beautiful thing.
    It is your blog, the more you share of yourself, the more others get to know you. I think it would be a good idea to take a trip down memory lane - not only for your readers to get closer to you, but also for yourself. Our daily struggles are always easier to face when you are supported by the beautiful memories you have made in the past.

    Carolina

    PS and yes ... she was an absolutely beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...that video! it brought tears to my eyes...so beautiful! thank you so much for sharing this. and i love the idea of a down memory lane post..excellent idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How to make Puerto Rican coffee
    Ingredients:

    1 / 2 cup water
    2 tablespoons coffee
    2 ounces boiled milk
    1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)

    procedure:

    1. Mix the coffee with water and boil 2 minutes.
    2. Strain the coffee in coffee sock.
    3. In a cup, combine brewed coffee with milk.
    4. Add sugar to taste.

    PuertoRicoCoffeeShop.com
    Choose from our selection of true and delicious coffee from Puerto Rico

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend. Congratulations to your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The video was lovely she is a gorgeous bride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they're a beautiful & elegant couple and the video is beautiful, too. Knowing what i know now, i wouldn't have the same wedding day as we had 20 years ago. not at all.
    Although I don't know your niece, I find seeing her as a baby is very moving.
    And one more thing I 'd like to say : she's a very lucky woman to have you in her life.
    A long life of love to them.

    ReplyDelete