October 18, 2013

Special Orders at Breakneck Speed





Phew! This week has been a very busy one, with special orders and customers wanting the capes for Halloween. I sold four of the ones that I made ahead of time and the above one was a special order. I was proud of myself with this order, because I got started on it early in the morning. I cut, sewed and shipped it out by 4:00pm that afternoon. I like how this customer let her daughter choose the lining. So cute that she liked the little wolf heads. I then had a special order for the little hat with ears that was shipped to Canada, but the one above, is one I just finished for a friend to give to an expectant mom. I'll be making more of these for the holiday season.  As far as the capes go, I have two left with the cute Japanese fabric, both in the combo size of 2/3.  I might make up just one more in the 4/5, not sure yet, but they can be special ordered.
On Thursday I took a break and headed into Berkeley to get some more fabric and supplies, that is always so much fun! It was such a beautiful fall day, and it was so nice to take a break and just wander around.
This weekend we plan on going to a polenta feed. I've been to crab feeds but this will be a first. I sure hope the traffic isn't snarled up to kingdom come though, since BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) is on strike!  As I type this, I just heard on the news that they may come to some agreement by 10:00 tonight. Yeah, right! I'm not holding my breath.
David is doing a charity hike on Saturday for a really good organization called Shelter Inc. This organization will help people get on their feet if they have a crisis and can't pay their rent. They want to help people before they fall behind on their bills to avoid becoming homeless. I think it is such a good organization. If you are a long time reader you will recall he did one a couple years back. That  hike was at the Grand Canyon. This year it is in our own back yard so to speak, so it makes it handy.

Still working on the guest room. The bed was purchased last weekend and all set up. I still need to get something up on the walls and sort through a bit of things Caitlin wants to store, but it's coming along  and I will show you as soon as it looks more presentable.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Good work! Can't wait to see the guest bedroom...I have a list of things I need to do too! Our craft room is a disaster...totally not my fault, but I will be the only one to organize it. Maybe it can wait until the snow arrives :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wolf's head is adorable as well as the red hood, I've been also busy this past few weeks because of the demands for Halloween costumes.

    ReplyDelete