December 30, 2013

Winding 2013 Down
















Sunday we went to Port Costa for brunch with Caitlin and Cyrous.  Port Costa is tiny, as in two stores, a post office and a couple of restaurants. Blink and you will miss it. The main purpose for ever going to Port Costa for me was to visit Wendy Addison's charming shop with beautiful hand made paper decorations. She still had all of her Christmas items up, so we bought some pieces for next year. She sells her goodies in other locations throughout the Bay Area and has done many collaborations with stores such as Anthropologie and many others. Now there is another reason to wander over to Port Costa, and it is this new restaurant called Bull Valley Roadhouse. We had a lovely brunch and it was fun to sit in a very old historic building like this. We are going out again soon to try it for dinner. It was a nice day and a good way to send off 2013.
I haven't yet taken down my Christmas decor, and I keep seeing people on Facebook and blogs already doing so, but I can't bear to do it until all the festivities are over, and that includes New Years eve, so I always do it on the 2nd.  Lots to clean and work on this week for sure!  I have two special orders that I have to start on today so I better get a move on. If I don't do a round up of 2013 post, I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration!  2014 here we come :)

4 comments:

  1. What a nice way to spend a Sunday. The brunch looks delicious! And I spot a palm tree in the first photo... my favorite! We took our decorations down yesterday, except for the stand of lights in the dining room, they will come down on Wednesday. We are getting our house ready to go on the market this weekend, so we will be relocating next year. I am looking forward to 2014! I believe it's going to be a great year! I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decs down here on 12th night, sixth of January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea, waving off the old year before welcoming the new one. I'll be so glad to see the back of our Christmas tree. It's the droopiest we've ever had. And consequently the noisiest (baubles falling off!). Have a great New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete