June 23, 2014

June Catch Up















The whirlwind that is June is now coming to a close, and I'm just now coming up for air! Long time readers know that June is a very busy month for our family and I disappear for a while on here to enjoy celebrations, and try not to go crazy doing too much.  Starting with Father's day, I made a wonderful apricot tart, where I combined a regular French sweet crust and filled it with a Thomas Keller recipe from the Bouchon Bakery cookbook. It was really nice and not overly sweet, just the way we like desserts in our house. In between celebrations, I was able to make this Liberty of London, baby dress/top for the shop. Its available for purchase in my Etsy shop, and hopefully I can squeeze out one or two more items before I go on vacation.
Our 31st anniversary was celebrated at our favorite restaurant and was  laid back  with wonderful food and drink.   David's birthday was also a relaxed affair at home after we took him out to a birthday lunch. He was more than happy to be at home, since the World Cup is in full swing!  Caitlin and Cyrous made a wonderful Indian dinner from scratch, and the birthday boy wanted another dessert made from apricot, so this time I used a recipe from "The Bojon Gourmet." It was really good, and I want to try it with peaches soon. I also made some Ice cream using Williams Sonoma ice cream starter. I had been wondering if this was easy and good, and it really was!  I bought the caramel flavor, but they have chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. They also have a frozen yogurt starter as well, and hope to try those out too. I had a photo of the ice cream, but blogger is not letting me upload it at the moment, but if your really, really want to see it, go to my instagram and see it there.

Hope everyone is having a nice summer so far!





2 comments:

  1. Nice update, Elizabeth! It looks like you have had a wonderful, but very busy June. The apricot dessert looks so delicious, and so does the Indian dinner.... yum! Your table setting looks so nice a cozy. And the red roses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! The roses are from the back yard. I'm loving the fact that I can go out there and snip a few off of the many rose bushes out there :) I have harvested some of the figs too.

      Delete