September 21, 2016

Gatherings and Training
































The week of my training at Anthro, our friends from Germany came to town. We were so happy to have them over for dinner and catch up after not seeing them for a couple of years. Later in the week, after they did some traveling around northern California, we took them to the MoMa and then drove a bit around the Mission district to see some of the murals and some nice vistas of the city from up high. We later met up with Caitlin and Cyrous and our other friends Alex and Barbara to have dinner in Berkeley. We always have so much fun with this group, and wish the visiting times were longer! Next up is our turn to go for a visit to Munich.
So........Anthopologie and Co. Well, here it is! In all its magical, wonderland glory!!! There really are no words for how beautiful this store is. Each area is so delightful and packed with so many wonderful treasures. I'm not sure yet which of the areas downstairs are my favorite. The Terrain area, which is in the entrance, is so incredible. Next week we all get 40% off all the living things!!! Can't wait to get my paws on some of it. What is really neat is this store is the very first of its kind, and we are lucky that it is in our town.  Anthropologie is always a creative delight to go to, but this store is something extra special.
My section is upstairs in BHLDN. Brides can make appointments for themselves as well as their bridal party. It's been so much fun seeing all the happy brides come in and try on all the beautiful dresses that we have to offer.  The training was very thorough and because it was, I have noticed that the girls that are the stylists are doing a fantastic job. Since I'm part time, I tend to stay in the front area by the beautiful jewelry and sell the "Icing on the cake" for the brides. It's low key and fun.  When I go on my break, I get to see Caitlin in the beauty department downstairs. She is full time, so I see her pretty much all the times I'm at work.
Last time I did retail, as I mentioned ,was close to 22 years ago! Back then my feet were much younger hahaha Now they aren't that happy, and I'm in the midst of finding good shoes that don't look too dorky with all the cool clothes we have to wear! Did I mention that? In our department, we have to dress as if we were going to a bridal event. Not necessarily a wedding, but like a shower or rehearsal dinner for example. Everyone always looks amazing hahaha. The girls in my department are all very delightful and fun to work and chat with, it makes me forget about my tiered feet and old body in general!  What I really love about Antropologie is the creative aspect of everything they do. Today I saw they were holding a calligraphy workshop! Where would you ever see that but at Anthropologie! They also try and do collaborations with local businesses like for example in BHLDN, I gave them the name of the florist we used for Caitlin's wedding and showed the manager their IG account. They will now be part of our wedding fair on Oct. 6th. It's going to be a great event. Sadly I won't be able to go since we are going to see the "Lumineers" that night. Hope there are a lot of pictures :)
I could go on and on.  On another note, I have been getting a steady stream of cape orders as well. so far I have been able to keep up. I love these customers that have ordered in plenty of time for Halloween and I'm dreading the ones that wait till the last minute.  I've been wanting to show off the store in a blog post, but these first few days of training they really didn't want photos leaking out on any kind of social media or blogs. It's been both fun and exhausting, but I'm sure things will level out into a fun routine soon. I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. I love anthro but I could tell from your photos that this one looks different from others. It's gorgeous! If you ever want to swap lives for a day just let me know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah.....Yeah, it quite magical and I can't wait until Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Getting paid to be at Anthropologie...what a dream!The place looks beautiful, and I'm sure m entire paycheck would go right back to the store. I'm so happy you can work at a place that will appreciate your talents...and you get to see Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be there when you don't HAVE to work there. It's been an adjustment from my lounge lizard life style, but all the young people there are so fun to be around! I also spent some time today in their art room, where they make and design all those super cool displays! I felt like I was back in college in my old art rooms.

      Delete